Last Updated: December 30, 2022
MAGE LABS, INC. PRIVACY NOTICE
Mage Labs, Inc. (“Mage Labs,” “we,” “us,” “our”) respects the privacy of our online visitors. This Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) has been adopted on a company-wide basis to guide how we collect, store, use, and disclose the information that you provide to us through our products and services, which include our websites and our online demo version of our metaverse gaming platform (“Versus Metaverse”) (collectively, the “Services”). This Privacy Notice does not apply to games, websites, products, or services provided by companies that we do not own or control or to individuals that we do not employ or manage.
LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
We only process personal information where we can rely on legal grounds to do so. We process your personal information for the purposes set out below:
- Performance of the Services. We process your personal information to provide you with and to support your use of our Services. This includes using your personal information to administer your Versus Metaverse account, provide contests or promotions in which you enrolled, support purchases you make, support game functionality, and provide customer service.
- We process your personal information when you provide us with consent to do so. This includes providing you with newsletters, direct e-mails, and surveys about our products or services that may be of interest to you, targeted ads, and other marketing features.
- Legitimate interest. We process your information where we have a legitimate interest to do so. This includes providing you with requested customer service or technical support, improving our Services, personalizing your experience with the Services, and establishing, exercising, or defending legal claims or obligations.
- Legal obligation. We process your personal information to comply with any legal obligation to which we are subject.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- From you. We may collect personal information and other information you provide when you use our Services, like creating your Versus Metaverse account, and any other data that you choose to provide.
- From public or third-party sources. We may collect data from public sources including, but not limited to, social media and other websites that enable social sharing. Personal information may also be available from government agencies, public or third-party information sources, third party service providers, or business partners. We also may collect information from industry groups and associations, or combine information we have collected from multiple sources.
- Automatically when you engage with us online. We collect data through our Services and automatically from devices that you use to connect to our Services.
- We may collect information through our referral program. If you choose to submit any personal information relating to other people, you represent that you have the authority to do so and permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect different types of personal information when you interact with our Services, including:
- Contact information, such as your name and email address;
- Biographical and demographic information, such as your age date of birth, age, and gender;
- Account information, such as your username and password, profile details you choose to provide, and feedback and reviews about our products and services;
- Financial information to fulfill your transactions, such as credit or debit card number, cryptocurrency wallet public hash, and details of transactions you conduct through our website or through other channels;
- Other personal information you or a person authorized by you submit to us;
- Internet usage information, such as details of your visits to our website and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies including your IP address and domain name, your browser version and operating system, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access; and
- Location, such as the country, state, or city from where you are accessing our Services.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We may process personal information in a number of ways for the primary purpose of conducting our business, including:
- Providing our products and services;
- Completing your transactions or purchases;
- Administering contests, promotions, and sweepstakes;
- Sending you marketing communications;
- Providing customer or technical support, responding to your questions or requests, and otherwise communicating with you;
- Alerting you of new products or services, features, or enhancements;
- Improving our products and services;
- Fulfilling obligations to and cooperating with government authorities, courts, regulators or law enforcement agencies in connection with enquiries, proceedings or investigations by such parties anywhere in the world or in order to enable us to comply with our regulatory requirements or to respond to regulators;
- Resolving disputes or addressing complaints;
- Protecting our property, rights, and security, and the rights, property, and security of third parties or the public in general;
- Auditing or providing reporting related to particular transactions and interactions you have with us or others on our behalf;
- Pursuing our legitimate interests, such as direct marketing, research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention;
- As otherwise permitted by law; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use and share Non-Identifiable Data (e.g., non-personal, de-identified information that cannot be used to identify you) for any lawful business purpose without any obligation or accounting to you. When we do so, we will take reasonable measures to ensure that the Non-Identifiable Data is not personally identifiable and cannot later be used to identify you.
HOW WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION
We will only share or disclose your personal information for the purposes described below:
- With Your Consent. We may share your personal information when we have your consent. You can revoke your consent at any time by providing notice to us at [email protected].
- Service Providers. We may employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and we may need to share your personal information with them to provide services to you. Examples of service providers include advertisers, ecommerce and platform providers, payment processors, customer service and support providers, email, IT services, and web hosting companies. Unless we tell you differently, they do not have any right to use your personal information beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- Professional Services. We may employ other companies and people that provide professional consultancies on our behalf, such as our auditors or accountants.
- Protection of Mage Labs. We may also disclose your personal information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish, protect, or exercise our legal or other rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law. We may disclose your personal information in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of a user or any other person. We may disclose your personal information to investigate or prevent a violation by you of any contractual or other relationship with us or your illegal or harmful activity.
- Business Transfers. In the event we undergo a business transaction such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personal information may be among the assets transferred. Any acquirer of our assets may continue to process your personal information as set forth in this Privacy Notice.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that any third parties that access your personal information are subject to confidentiality requirements and to obligations to process personal information in accordance with the representations in this Privacy Notice.
We will not sell your personal information to third parties to use for their own benefit. However, we allow certain companies to place tracking technologies, like cookies, on our websites. Those companies receive information about your interaction(s) with our websites that are associated with your browser or device, and may use that data to serve you relevant ads on our websites or others. Except for this kind of sharing, we do not sell any of your information.
We may also disclose Non-Identifiable Data at our discretion.
You understand that we may monitor and/or record your in-game communications when you use Versus Metaverse and as a result, you acknowledge and agree that you have no expectation that your in-game communications will be private. We have the right to disclose your communications for any reason and at our sole discretion.
You have the right at any time to prevent us from contacting you for marketing purposes. You can opt-out of promotional communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each promotional email that we send to you. We may continue to send you administrative emails; for example, periodic updates to our Privacy Notice or about your account, even if you indicate that you no longer wish to receive promotional email from us.
We keep personal information as long as it is reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or otherwise in compliance with our or our service providers’ data retention policies. Certain information may be retained until the time limit for any legal challenges has expired or in order to comply with regulatory requirements regarding the retention of such personal information. Where applicable, if any personal information that we hold is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected and no applicable law requires us to retain that information, we will take reasonable steps to de-identify or destroy the information.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
You (or your authorized representative) have the right to request to access, correct, update, receive a copy of, or delete your personal information. In addition, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information based on a legitimate interest on grounds relating to your particular situation. You also have the right to withdraw consent for the future processing of your personal information in circumstances where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for such processing. Lastly, you also have the right to request a transfer of your personal information in certain circumstances.
You may exercise any of these rights mentioned above by emailing a request to [email protected]. Note, we may not be able to fulfill your request or completely remove your personal information from our systems in certain circumstances. For example, we may retain your personal information for legitimate business purposes, if it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, if required by law, or as retained in our data backup systems or cached or archived pages. All of your personal information that we keep will continue to be subject to the terms of this Privacy Notice.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Shine the Light. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits consumers that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at [email protected].
Do Not Track Signals. Our websites do not currently recognize or respond to “do not track” signals.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Please note that if you adjust your web browser settings or opt-out of the use of certain cookies from us, some of the functions and features of our Services may not be available to you.
CONTENT THAT YOU PROVIDE
We do not knowingly collect or store personal information from children under the age of 13 in the United States or under the relevant age threshold in other jurisdictions where the child is located. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a child and believe we have unintentionally collected your child’s personal information, please can contact us at [email protected]. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child without the permission of their parent or legal guardian, we will delete that information as soon as possible.
We do not post links to third-party websites in Versus Metaverse. If a Versus Metaverse user posts a link in Versus Metaverse, please be aware that we are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from third-party websites or for any privacy or other practices of the third parties operating those websites.
We may post links to third-party websites that are not owned or operated by Mage Labs on our websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials from such third-party websites or for any privacy or other practices of the third parties operating those websites.
USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
Our Services are hosted in the United States and are governed by United States law. If you are using our Services from outside the United States, please be aware that your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of your personal information; however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit or provide to us, so you do so at your own risk.
If you have a question about how we handle personal information, wish to exercise any of the choices you may have in your personal information, or lodge a complaint about our management of personal information (including if you believe that we have managed your personal information in breach of applicable privacy laws), you may contact us by email at [email protected] or by sending a letter to:
Mage Labs, Inc.
2025 Guadalupe Street, Suite 260
Austin, Texas 78705
In all communications to us, please include the email address used with your account (if applicable), the website address or the specific Mage Labs Service to which you provided personal information, and a detailed explanation of your request. We will do our best to respond to all reasonable requests in a timely manner.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Privacy Notice at any time. Please refer back to this Privacy Notice periodically to review any updates. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post notice of such changes on this page and we will attempt to notify you through your Versus Metaverse account. The revised version of the Privacy Notice will be effective immediately (as indicated by the “Last Updated” date above) but will not apply retroactively.